Monday, April 23, 2012

Cooped up to Cozy Coupe Car

We've had some unwanted added excitement the last two weeks.  I'll spare most of the details (I know, this is really tough for me!), but Joel was sick, Kirstin is teething, and I somehow managed to acquire a pinched nerve in my neck that resulted in lots of pain, numbness, and inability to function my normal duties (Yippee for super husband/daddy!!).   I'm still doing lots of stretches and was told today that I still need to "baby" it, but the pain is gone.  The big news of the day is that Kirstin's teeth (yes, that is plural... both of the top, front teeth) broke the skin today!!!  I'm hoping to see pretty little pearly whites (and the return of happiness and easy going, pain free days) for my little girl by the weekend Wednesday.  

We haven't done any fun projects or unusual adventures, but I did grab the camera a few times.  Joel and I were playing with it the other day.  He wanted to take some pictures.
Of course, Joel took a picture of his dog, Scheppy.

I showed him how the timer worked on the camera.  He thought this was funny.

I also showed him how I could hold the camera out to take a picture of both of us.  Again, he was amused. :-)


Then today, I thought it would be fun to capture some typical play time. 

Kirstin loves to open and close the door of the Cozy Coupe Car.


Hi Mom! I'm still playing with the door.

Joel zooms by with a little car, so Kirstin has to check out what her brother is up to.

The large white spot is a foam roller that Joel was playing with to entertain his sister, which is why she  is excited (and not remembering that she can't stand on her own yet).

Joel's turn to drive...he's checking out his reflection in the side of the piano.  Kirstin is thrilled to be within reach of Joel and still standing to play with the car (he hasn't knocked her over yet...it did happen, don't worry!)

She opened the door and climbed in independently!  I had put the floor board back in for her.

Safety moment...she closed the door after she got in.

Joel said that Scheppy wanted to be in a picture and ride on the Cozy Coupe Car.


Joel driving... Kirstin standing while holding on to the cup holders.

Joel started to go. Kirstin still holding on (and stepping on her fleece pants, so they are dragging)

Joel, the Cozy Coupe Car, and Kirstin are now on the hard floor.  Kirstin is still holding on and sliding on her knees.  She wasn't sure what was happening, but she was happy about it.

At this point I put down the camera and went to help Kirstin.  However, she was not letting go!  Joel did a great job of going slow because he knew she was holding on.


 

1 comment:

  1. I love it! "She wasn't sure what was happening, but she was happy about it!" Siblings at their best. Can't wait!
    Take care of yourself and that neck, lady. You do too much!
    <3

    ReplyDelete