Monday, March 26, 2012

Over the River and Through the Woods...

... to Grandmother's house we go!  Ok, so we didn't really go over a river or through woods, but I did take my kids to visit their Grandma Kris this past week.  My mother-in-law lives about 2 hours north of us in Wisconsin.  She had a couple of days off all together and Jim had classes and homework, so it seemed like a great time to take the kids on an overnight trip for fun with Grandma Kris.

When we first got there both kids raided the toys upstairs!  She has toys and books that are hand me downs from her neighbor, which are perfect for Joel and now Kirstin when we visit (read as less things for me to pack).  Then we head over to visit with Jim's grandparents.  We had a lovely visit!

The next day started with fun around the house and yard, while Kirstin took a surprise 3 hour morning nap.  She normally only naps for 45 minutes to an hour in the morning and the long nap in the afternoon.  Oh well! :-)

Then it was off to the local Children's museum that we could all get into for free with our Association of Children's Museum membership (which totally has paid for itself every year!!!)

Joel loved being the engineer of this train.  I wish I had a recording of his conversations on the "radio".  

The museum has a kid-sized town.  Our favorite of this part was the "City Bus".  Joel was a great bus driver.

Kirstin loved when Joel played "The Wheels on the Bus" on its radio.

Fine dining at the Pizza Parlor 

Joel was actually sorting the mail accurately!


Kirstin loved crawling through this tree trunk.

This was in the "younger kids" park area.  It was quieter and safe for Kirstin and Joel to both explore. 

Look at her standing by herself.


Oh how I love the soft blocks for Kirstin to climb all over. (this was a "no shoe" zone for the wee little ones).

Joel LOVED this...scoop, pour, scoop



I could just kiss her all day!  (oh wait, I do!)



Here is Joel conducting a symphony in the "Arts" section of the museum.  Fortunately, nobody took a picture of the 4 of us exploring classical ballet.  Although, we did discover that another mom had been watching us and was quite entertained!  

We had a fun time and enjoyed "Grandma Kris' children's museum".  I really do enjoy going to various children's museums.  They are all so unique and enticing for my kids and their momma. :-)  Let me know if you know of any fabulous children's museums that I should plan a trip to visit (anywhere in the country... we travel often enough!)

No comments:

Post a Comment